29 june / 11:00
The All-Russian Decorative Art Museum and National Research University Higher School of Economics with the support of Rossotrudnichestvo will organize a strategic forum "Time for Design Diplomacy" as a part of the World Industrial Design Day celebration on June 29, 2023.
In 2007 the World Design Organization introduced its professional holiday to mark its 50th anniversary. This day is traditionally celebrated by the design community with a programme of special events to strengthen networking, support sustainable development and the growth of the creative economy.
Today industry leaders act as global ambassadors in promoting the power of design and design thinking principles, where diplomacy as a soft power policy tool plays an important role.
The role of diplomacy as a space where design mediates communication between countries? How is design diplomacy developing in the context of discussions about national identity and globalization of the industry? Experts will also discuss the importance of dialogue between the creative industries of the CIS and South-East Asia, translation of the cultural code through design as a competitive advantage, as well as opportunities for joint projects in the field of professional education.
The event will be held in a hybrid format using the VK Calls video conferencing platform.
A link to the broadcast will be posted on the event page two days prior to the forum.
/ 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Session "Industry Cooperation for a Sustainable Future."
/ 12:15 Welcome Address by Pradyumna Vyas, Board Member of the World Design Organization (WDO), Senior Advisor for Design and Innovation, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Moderator: Anastasia Krylova, head of the Fashion and Design Center at the All-Russian Museum of Decorative Arts.
1. Dmitry Polikanov, Deputy Head of Rossotrudnichestvo.
2. Elena Titova, Director of All-Russian Decorative Art Museum.
3. Mitya Kharshak, Head of School of Design, National Research University Higher School of Economics - St. Petersburg, Head of Communication Design Department, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
4. Nigina Ikromi, Director of the Center for Creative Development of Tajikistan (Tajikistan).
5. 5. Pavel Sapotko, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Minsk City Branch of Belarusian Peace Foundation, member of Presidium of Belarusian Society of Friendship and Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries (Belarus).
6. Aidarkhan Kaliyev, PhD, associate professor of Art History, chief designer of Scientific Production Center of Fashion and Assortment Asyl-Design LLP, founder of ASPARA College of Fashion Art and Business, President of ASPARA FASHION WEEK International Project (Kazakhstan).
7. Aizhan Bekkulova, Chairman of the Union of Craftsmen of Kazakhstan, Advisor and Honorary Member of the Asia-Pacific Region of the World Crafts Council (Kazakhstan).
8. Tohir Ibragimov, Founder and General Director, Tajikistan Fashion Week (Tajikistan).
Break: 30 min.
/ 13:30 - 15:00 Session "International Dialogue in Education".
Moderator: Natalia Logutova, deputy head of HSE School of Design, member of Academic Council of the Faculty of Creative Industries, head of HSE Laboratory of Design.
1. Evgeny Demin, Deputy Head of Public Diplomacy Department of Rossotrudnichestvo.
2. Ulyana Aristova, professor at the School of Design, Faculty of Creative Industries, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, academic director of the online bachelor degree program "Design" and the master's program "Modern techniques of teaching design and art".
3. Dana Shayakhmet, Director of the Center for Creative Industries at Almaty Management University (Kazakhstan).
4. Daniela Pika, organizer of the Vladivostok Design Week festival of design, architecture and art, board member of Vladivostok Design, co-organizer of the first Far East object design school Vladivostok Design School.
5. Emma Marashlyan, founder and head of MAISON MARASHLYAN COMPANY, holder of numerous awards, diplomas and certificates of merit, as well as the Gold Medal for contribution to economic and tourism development in Armenia (Armenia).
The All-Russian Decorative Art Museum of is a topical space in which the experience and tradition of decorative arts serve as a starting point for communication and creativity. Since 2017, the Museum has been home to the Center for Fashion and Design, which educates in creative industries, sustainable development, industry policy and design diplomacy, is engaged in the museumization of design objects and the development of the first state fund of object design in the country.
The HSE School of Design is a division of the Higher School of Economics, the leading educational institution in the field of design, fashion and art in Russia. We teach modern design and art-skills, teach the main secret of success - not to act according to a template, but to think systematically, to create concepts, make decisions and know the rules of the profession to break them better than anyone else. Today the School structure includes 4 campuses in different cities, more than 15 educational directions, more than 5000 students study at our undergraduate, graduate, additional education and postgraduate programs. The School has its own art studios and workshops, a film pavilion, theater and fashion clusters, and the HSE ART GALLERY contemporary art gallery.
CREATIVE HUB is a new urban space for discussion and research, a platform for the presentation of opportunities and projects of the School of Design and the Institute of Development of Creative Industries NIU HSE for customers, partners, colleagues.
Rossotrudnichestvo is a leading Russian agency whose main mission is to strengthen Russia's humanitarian influence in the world. The organization is represented in 80 countries by 87 missions abroad. Since 2021, they have received the informal name "Russian House".
VK Calls - a platform for communication via video and audio calls with no time or number of participants restrictions. Allows you to make calls directly in VKontakte or through a separate application for your computer and phone. You can connect to the call even without a VKontakte account, all the functions are available for free without restrictions on the duration of the call and the number of participants. The platform has launched a joint video viewing function - users can watch any movies and series together with friends and family in high quality and with good sound. The function can be useful for presentations, private screenings, sports broadcasts.